Parallexx Drying System By Excalibur
Excalibur developed the "Parallexx Drying System" for the commercial market. In developing a commercial machine that meets the rigid standards of the U.S. Department of Agriculture ( USDA ), EXCALIBUR discovered the Six Essential Qualities in an industrial food dehydrator. They are:
- Electrical Design - to protect from drips or spillage, electrical components cannot be located under the food being processed.
- Adjustable Thermostat - is mandatory; herbs dry at 95ºF and jerky dries at 145ºF .
- Speed Of Drying- discoloration, spoilage, and loss of flavor and nutrients result if drying time is prolonged.
- Durability - a machine must be strong and able to perform at maximum productivity 24-hours per day, 7 days a week during busy seasons.
- Cleanability - must have a seamless bottom and trays that are easily cleaned with super hot water.
- Versatility - trays must be removable to accommodate a wide variety of foods in various sizes.
Brief Parallexx Overview
Detailed Overview With Diagrams
- The Parallexx design , with a temperature controlled, fan forced, horizontal drying system mounted in the rear is exclusive to the 2000 and higher Series.
- Easy to clean ... Spills fall on seamless bottom.
- Horizontal drying provides even drying, eliminating tray re-stacking.
- Adjustable thermostat allows perfect drying every time.
- Square design increases drying area "25%" with no holes in center of tray.
- Versatile... Trays can be removed to expand drying chamber.
- Removable door and trays
- Almost unbreakable and FDA approved polycarbonate trays .
- Polycarbonate plastic cabinet and opaque polycarbonate door
- 26-Hour Timer -